Fabric and Materials Cutter
SC Defense Group is looking for a fabric and materials cutter. This position is meant for the individual that requires a challenge in their day to day activity, as the successful candidate will ultimately be responsible for the running and administration of all cutting operations.
The responsibilities will include:
- General administration of the cutting department
- Organizing, picking parts and pieces for sewing and assembly
- Calculating cutting lists and materials
- Operation of automated cutters
- Operation of manual cutters
- Tracking and maintaining fabrics and materials inventories
- A good grasp of the English language, written and spoken as our manuals are printed in English.
- Basic computer skills: Our administration records are kept on PC’s and some of our automated cutting operations are driven by PC’s. You should be able to run a keyboard. Although not essential a basic understanding of spread sheets such as Micro Soft’s Excel would be an asset.
- Most cutting equipment is designed for right hand dominant operators, so being right handed, while not essential would be helpful.
- A background in fabric cutting and sewing operations found in a factory setting would also be an asset but not required as we are willing to train the right candidate.
Great opportunity for advancement!
This a position with a fast growing company in the Tactical Defense manufacturing world and as such can be challenging, & rewarding. For those willing to learn there is excellent opportunity for wage growth and advancement.
Salary is commensurate with experience, but for the right individual an opportunity to learn a new trade awaits.Apply in writing to:
Or e-mail to:email@example.com
*Please Note that SC Defense Group has a dress code for all employees, due to the high interaction with the military and law enforcement market.